Welcome to Little Red Parkas


Little Red Parkas,

here to bring resources, guidance and support for mothers of young children as based on a poem from the Bible about a Virtuous Woman.



Looking for the Cloth Diapers from the demo class? check out the "Cloth Diapering" page below.





Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time Management, or lack thereof

Do you know where the last day, week, month went!?!
I'm not sure what happened but I think I blinked and it was nearly three months later.
I struggle with feeling like I don't have time to do the things I want to do. Meanwhile, even the things that need to be done are being neglected.
Surrounded by dishes and laundry, it can be easy to get discouraged and:
  • leave it til later
  • hope that someone ELSE will do it
  • take a torch to it (ok, that is not an actual suggestiong, although the thought has likely crossed your mind)
  • do something else you enjoy
  • or what seems to happen to me most often: do nothing

When it comes to chores, or chores-like tasks, I've found that the dread of it is far worse then the actual chore itself. It often takes less effort and time than I thought and I feel so much better having at least made an effort to find the kitchen counter or the laundry room floor.

It reminds me of a object lesson I saw as a child.

Imagine your day as represented by a small glass jar. The things that need to be done, 10 large walnuts. And the things that are "fun" or "extra" as grains of rice.

If you put the rice in first, there is not enough froom for the walnuts.

But, if we do the things that must be done each day first, the "extras" will have room in our life. And I think we will be happier and more confident, having accomplished important things in our home and life. Things that bring order, peace and even cleanliness!

So, on that note, I'm off to change diapers and get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment